Monday, October 27 – Association of Enterprise Architects (AEA)
Professional Development & Certifications to Give Yourself a Competitve Advantage
Tuesday, October 28 – The Open Group
Business Transformation, Enterprise Architecture (EA) & Open Platform 3.0 ™
This event will promote Enterprise Architecture knowledge, practice and professional development in Brazil as a discipline that leverages business strategies and supports the alignment and integration of different practices. The focus will be on strategic innovation, management of business processes, ArchiMate® and TOGAF®, and Open Platform 3.0™ (big data, cloud computing, convergent or disruptive technologies, and the Internet of Things).
We will explore how new IT trends are empowering improvements in business and facilitating enterprise transformation. The modern enterprise has moved beyond the point where information technology merely supports or enables the business -- increasingly information technology is the business.
Information itself cannot create business success and competitive advantage. There is a requirement for the integration of the information, and integrated access to that information within a defined infrastructure and architecture. An infrastructure that provides Boundaryless Information Flow™ has open standard components that combine multiple sources of information and enable the secure delivery of information whenever and wherever it is needed, in the right context for the people or systems using that information.
- Show the need for Boundaryless Information Flow™, which would result in more interoperable, real-time business processes that span throughout all business ecosystems.
- Outline some of the technological imperatives for providers, with the use of Open Platform 3.0 to enable products and services to work together and deploy emerging technologies freely and in combination.
- Describe how to develop better interoperability and communication across organizational boundaries and pursue global standards for Enterprise Architecture that are highly relevant to all industries.
- Learn how industry sectors have faced transformation and relied on Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF® and ArchiMate® to manage that process and make it something that is standardized, understood and repeatable.
- Identify how organizations can achieve their business objectives by adopting new technologies and processes as part of the Enterprise Transformation management principles – making the whole process more a matter of design than of chance
- Thought leaders at this conference will share how they have been looking at IT trends, capabilities and global interoperability, which will lead to improvement for more responsiveness and efficiency.
What you will learn:
- How industry experts are addressing organizational change by aligning business needs with information technology, and increasing business value from EA.
- What tools and knowledge are needed to introduce meaningful Enterprise Transformation.
- How TOGAF® and ArchiMate® and EA can be successfully integrated with other disciplines and best practices
- The role that EA, as currently practiced, plays in enterprise transformation, especially transformations driven by disruptive Technologies – The Open Platform 3.0.
- How organizations move from an IT-centric to an enterprise-centric position that includes a more complete view of the business and not just IT.
- Transformation management principles - making the whole process more a matter of design than chance.