The Open Process Automation™ Forum is focused on developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture.
The Forum is a consensus-based group of end users, suppliers, system integrators, standards organizations, and academia. It addresses both technical and business issues for process automation.
Visit our Forum page
A standards-based, open, secure, and interoperable process control architecture that:• Enables access to leading edge capability
• Allows integration of best-in-class components
• Preserves asset owners' application software; Significantly lowers cost of future replacement
• Employs an adaptive intrinsic security model
• Promotes innovation and value creation
• Applies across multiple process industries
• Is commercially available
• Is an inclusive collaboration between users and suppliers to provide the framework for an open systems architecture innovation and value creation
Forum activities are accelerating at a rapid pace. Although just in the formative stages, there are a number of past and planned future events that are helping to rapidly move this Forum forward.
Please visit our Events page for registration information on upcoming events, links to press and analyst articles about the Forum, and recordings of past events.
Membership in the Open Process Automation Forum is open to all organizations, and requires either a Silver membership in the Open Group Open Process Automation Forum, or a Gold or Platinum membership in The Open Group.
For more information about the benefits of participating in the Forum, as well as details on how to join, please visit Membership.
For a current list of members of the Open Process Automation Forum, please go here.