The Open Group Open Platform 3.0 Forum focuses on new and emerging technology trends converging with each other and leading to new business models and system designs. These trends currently include:
- Social networks and social enterprise
- Big data analytics
- Cloud computing
- The internet of things (networked sensors and controls)
Other technologies may be taken on board as the work of the Forum develops.
These convergent forces - united by the growing consumerization of technology and the resulting evolution in user behavior - offer the potential to create new business models and system designs. However, they also pose architectural issues and structural considerations that must be addressed for businesses to benefit.
The Open Group Open Platform 3.0 Forum will advance The Open Group vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ by helping organizations take advantage of the convergence of these modern technologies.
The Forum is developing:
- An interoperability standard for digital platforms, and
- Standards and guides for use of the underlying technologies.
Suppliers are producing digital platforms to enable enterprises to access and use the new technologies. Platforms that conform to the Open Platform 3.0 interoperability standard  will work with each other, so that enterprises can create business solutions that use the technologies in combination. This standard is being developed by the Forum as a whole.
The Forum also has work groups and project teams in specific technology areas. They include:
- The Cloud Computing Work Group 
- The Internet of Things Work Group 
- The Big Data Project 
- The Digital Business Strategy and Customer Experience Work Group 
- The Semantic Interoperability Work Group 
Organizations should join the Open Platform 3.0 Forum in order to:
- Understand and influence the emerging digital platform standard
- Participate in activities on cloud computing, the internet of things, big data, digital business strategy and customer experience, and semantics
- Start activities on mobile or social computing.
The Open Platform 3.0 Forum consists of Platinum, Silver and Gold members. View our members here 
For further information regarding Open Platform 3.0 Forum membership or other general information, please