Membership in The Open Group brings involvement, information and influence in open standards and certifications
If your organization has a vested interest in driving the development of open IT standards and certifications that result in boundaryless business solutions, take your place among the world’s leading companies as a Platinum, Gold or Silver Member of The Open Group.
As the vendor-neutral, global consortium that leads the development of IT standards, certifications and best practices worldwide, The Open Group offers its member organizations an effective platform to influence the competitive environment, advance their companies’ positions, and achieve enduring returns on their IT and enterprise investments.
Members of The Open Group:
- Have early access to the latest information on IT standards industry developments
- Network with a world-class community of peers, experts and industry leaders
- Gain insight for future decisions from both major customers and suppliers of IT
- Influence outcomes that benefit their organizations
- Grow professionally, and enhance their credibility as industry thought leaders
Join The Open Group  and take an active role in shaping the future of open standards.
Take part in The Open Group Forums and Work Groups
Membership entitles you to participate in The Open Group’s highly influential Forums and Work Groups. Each Forum and Work Group focuses on a specific functional area, and provides an objective environment for members to develop practical standards that drive operational efficiency and solve business problems in an open, timely and predictable manner.
- Silver Members are entitled to join one Forum; may opt for a second Silver Membership if they wish to join another Forum; and may vote for a representative to the Governing Board
- Gold Members are entitled to join any number of Forums open to all members of The Open Group (see list here ); and may vote for a representative to the Governing Board
- Platinum Members are entitled to join any number of Forums from the list; may also join Forums reserved for Platinum Members only, such as The Open Group Business Forum; and have the right to take a leadership position within The Open Group and the industry with the Platinum entitlement to place company representation on The Governing Board.
In addition to Forum and Work Group participation, members may take advantage of these other activities and benefits offered by The Open Group:
- Attend or speak at quarterly conferences and member meetings of The Open Group
- Participate in regional events
- Access to the Members Only section of The Open Group website, which contains copies of all specifications, best practice guides, and other publications from The Open Group, as well as extensive library of relevant working papers and documents
- Receive regular member newsletters containing updates about the activities of The Open Group, and participate in regular briefing sessions
- Participate as a reviewer in all consensus review cycles relating to specifications and guides produced by Forums and Work Groups
- Participate in Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, which investigate potential new areas of work
An objective, productive platform for IT users and suppliers
The Open Group’s members share a vision of Boundaryless Information Flow™ that enable’s access to integrated information, within and among enterprises, based on open standards and global interoperability. While customers and suppliers work together toward this objective, their membership in The Open Group yields distinctive dividends:
- Stay ahead of the curve by knowing what standards are coming
- Gain better understanding of and compliance with standards
- Protect against obsolescing current investments
- Get insight for future decisions from major customers and suppliers of IT
- Share lessons learned and best practices
- Avoid expensive and futile paths of action
- Know where suppliers are going to ensure compliance and ease integration
- Give customers greater confidence in their skills, knowledge, product quality and interoperability
- Are better aligned with market demand
- Influence the competitive marketplace and advocate for their position
- Gain insight for future decisions from major customers and suppliers of IT
- Reduce time-to-market
- Have access to skilled talent outside your organization
Vendors and suppliers also benefit from having access to major IT buyers. The combined purchasing power of the IT buyers that are members of The Open Group exceeds $50 billion per year. That currently represents about 25% of the total IT purchasing power worldwide.