Fostering development and take-up of semantic interoperability
The Open Group enables semantic interoperability on a global scale by fostering the development and take-up of vendor-neutral standards, best practices, and technologies. This is accomplished by producing deliverables that prove semantic interoperability is real today, and by demonstrating how it can add business value.
Currently, semantic interoperability problems are solved on a bilateral basis, and typically require substantial human intervention. The Open Group Semantic Interoperability Work Group's vision is that they are best solved on a multi-lateral basis, and with people taken out of the equation.
The benefits of joining the Semantic Interoperability Work Group
A major part of the Work Group’s activities is conducted under the auspices of the UDEF project, which controls the development of the UDEF . The Open Group also strives to show how semantics can generally contribute to interoperability within enterprise architecture.
- Increase their understanding of how semantic technology can be deployed for business benefit
- Network within a small but dedicated community of experts, and leverage their knowledge and experience
- Lead the development of open standards for semantic interoperability
- Contribute to the evolution of the UDEF
- Help to determine the Open Group approach to semantic interoperability and to set the program of the Work Group
The Semantic Interoperability Work Group welcomes representatives from any member company of The Open Group who want to contribute to our work or influence our direction and effectiveness. If your organization is a Platinum  or Gold Member  of The Open Group, you can join the Semantic Interoperability Work Group by subscribing to the SI list via your Platinum or Gold Personal Membership area. If your organization is a Silver  or Academic Member , you should write to the Forum Director for Semantic Interoperability  asking to subscribe. If your organization is not yet a member, join us today!