Be confident of expertise and experience with The Open Group Certified IT Specialist (Open CITS) Program
The Open Group Certified IT Specialist (Open CITS) certification program is an independent global certification program for qualifying the skills, knowledge and experience of IT specialists. Accepted and applicable worldwide, Open CITS boasts over 3,000 certified professionals from a wide range of organizations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The program requires applicants to demonstrate skills and experience against a set of conformance requirements through written applications and peer interviews. There are no training courses to attend, and no written exams to complete.
The Open CITS certification program is:
- The most trusted independent benchmark for validating IT Specialist skills and experience
- A distinctive, peer-reviewed, vendor-neutral, globally recognized, portable credential
- Used by the world’s leading enterprises as an objective measure of capabilities
- A proven guide for filling critical roles and responsibilities
- An outstanding career move
If you have already registered for the Open CITS program or are currently certified and would like to access your individual records then please use the following link Certification Login .
The Open Group Certified IT Specialist (Open CITS) program requires candidates to submit a comprehensive certification package detailing their skills and experience gained on working on IT projects, followed by a rigorous peer review process.
- Applying for Open CITS Certification 
- Route to Certification 
- Open CITS Requirements 
- Interactive Self-Assessment Tool 
Open CITS Update - From July 2014 we will be giving candidates the opportunity to have their one to one Level 2: Master Board interviews conducted by video conference (Skype) rather than face to face. To find out more about the Open CITS program contact us here .
The Open Group Certified IT Specialist (Open CITS) certification represents an ideal mechanism for demonstrating knowledge, success and overall business capabilities. The Open CITS program can significantly enhance and affirm your professional skills, improve your prospects for rewarding assignments, accelerate salary and career advancement, and result in greater peer recognition.
- "The Open Group certification has helped me build business relationship with my customers. This additional certification gives me recognition that I have been qualified by more than a just a vendor alone and one of my clients has since included me in their storage planning efforts and strategy for this year."
- "I recently completed an IT Optimization study for a large public sector client. The General Manager/CTO noticed the "Open Group Master Certified IT Specialist" on my email footer and commented on it positively. This certification helped my creditability personally and the company by illustrating to our customers that we put our "best foot forward" for them."
- "I am dealing mostly with clients in China and titles and credentials are very important to them."
- "At a recent conference I was introduced as an Open Group Master Certified IT Specialist to 50 customers, and at least 5 came up to me after and discussed their participation and confidence in The Open Group."
- " There are certain customers that do look at certifications and this has helped me with credibility and acceptance by those customers."
- " On several occasions I was asked by our partners about the certification process so that I had the opportunity to explain our role in the Open Group certification program. This clearly signals our commitment to maintaining high skill level of our IT profession community. This directly translates into respect and trust among our partners."
Open up your Career  - for Individuals
For organizations, the Open CITS program provides an independent, global, experience-based benchmark for identifying, assessing and selecting the most qualified individuals for critical roles and responsibilities. Specifying Open CITS-certified individuals in procurement and project proposals can considerably reduce recruitment time and cost, and result in higher project success rates.
Open CITS can help to optimize the staff recruitment and retention process, and motivate staff to acquire this widely recognized industry standard to authenticate their skills and experience.
Organizations can also utilize The Open Group materials to build their own professional certification programs, and apply the Open CITS program structure to enhance their own learning and development programs.
Philips IT has used the Open CITS program as part of the project to tranform their internal IT department. To find out more about Competence Development at Philips IT, you can:-
|Download a webinar by Paul Nijenhuis, Competence Group Manager, Philips IT, by visiting our Webinar archive |
In a marketplace where confidence is a key purchasing factor, suppliers can demonstrate their expertise by showing that they use certified IT specialists for specific projects. Open CITS certification is a powerful competitive differentiator that provides your customers with reliable assurance of the skills and capabilities of your IT professionals, and of the quality and interoperability of your products.