TOGAF® certification provides a clear path for professional development and credibility to employers
TOGAF®, an Open Group standard , is the open Enterprise Architecture standard used by the world’s leading organizations to improve business efficiency. The Open Group TOGAF Certification Program has enabled more than 50,000 Enterprise Architects and trainers around the globe to demonstrate their proven knowledge of the framework.
The TOGAF 9 Certified qualification is achieved through passing two exams, following a course of self-study or attendance at an Accredited Training Course. There is also an entry level qualification, TOGAF 9 Foundation, which is achieved by passing just the first exam. TOGAF 9 certification applies to the 9.x releases of the TOGAF Standard. The current syllabus for all accredited courses is based on the TOGAF 9.1 Standard.
The Open Group TOGAF certification is:
• Used by the world’s leading enterprises to certify a common body of core knowledge about the methodology and framework
• A trusted, vendor-neutral, globally recognized and portable credential
• Valuable in demonstrating to employers and peers your commitment to enterprise architecture as a discipline
• An outstanding career move and a foundational certification in the career of any Enterprise Architect
- TOGAF 9 Foundation. This provides validation that the candidate has gained knowledge of the terminology and basic concepts of TOGAF 9 and understands the core principles of Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF
- TOGAF 9 Certified. This certification provides validation that in addition to knowledge and comprehension, the candidate is able to analyze and apply knowledge of TOGAF
- TOGAF® 9 Accredited Course Register 
- Accredited TOGAF® 9 and ArchiMate® Training Course Calendar 
- TOGAF Certification Home Page 
- Accredited Course Register 
- Getting started with Accreditation 
- TOGAF and ArchiMate Accredited Training Course Calendar 
- Detailed Information on how to get Certified 
- Advice for Candidates Attending Pearson VUE Test Centers for TOGAF® Examinations 
- Information on the TOGAF certification examinations, including duration and pass marks 
- Schedule an Exam or locate a test center 
- Raise a support request with the TOGAF Certification Authority  (select Category: Certification and Accreditation->TOGAF)
Please view the TOGAF Directory of Certified People here .
Questions and Answers
- Q: What certification levels are there in the TOGAF 9 certification program?
- A: There are two levels to certification: Level 1, known as TOGAF 9 Foundation, and Level 2, known as TOGAF 9 Certified. Level 2 contains the learning requirements for Level 1.
- Q: What is the purpose of the certification program?
- A: It ensures that individuals are knowledgeable about the TOGAF framework. It is a common baseline of knowledge. It provides a visible trust mark
- Q: How do I find out more information about The Open Group TOGAF certification exams?
- A: See the Examinations  page for information on the available examinations, examination fees, and how to register for an exam..
- Q: How can I achieve certification?
- A: You first need to decide the level you would like to study for, and then after a period of study, attending a training course or by self-study, take the applicable examinations.
- Q: What is the difference between accredited and non-accredited training?
- A: Accredited training course providers are subject to an assessment both of the course and also their personnel and organization. In addition all accredited trainers include in their course fee the examination, either on site as part of the course or a voucher to attend a public test center. Some Accredited trainers also have permission to distribute official TOGAF materials, such as the official TOGAF 9 standard with their course materials.
- Q: Who does the certification?
- A: TOGAF 9 certification is only from The Open Group, and includes acceptance of a trademark license agreement after successful completion of an examination. Certified individuals have an entry on the official register.
- Q: What are the available TOGAF 9 certifications?
- A: TOGAF 9 Foundation and TOGAF 9 Certified
- Q: Is there a TOGAF 9.1 Level 1 and 2 Combined certification?
- A: No, certification is either to TOGAF 9 Foundation or TOGAF 9 Certified. The course syllabus is defined in terms of Level 1 and Level 2, and currently the syllabus is for the TOGAF 9.1 standard.
- Q: How do the certifications relate to the Part 1, and Part 2 exams?
- A: The exams are what you need to pass to reach a certification qualification. There are a number of examinations providing paths to become TOGAF 9 Certified.
- Q: Where can I find out more about the syllabus and the exams?
- A: See the Getting Started with the TOGAF 9 Certification Program  page for further details.
- Q: I have a certificate issued by my trainer that says I am Open Group and/or TOGAF certified, is that valid?
- A: No, the TOGAF 9 certificates are only issued by The Open Group. Certification is the final stage of the process and occurs after passing the exam. It includes entering The Open Group certification web site, accepting a trademark license agreement, and then having an entry created in the official register of certified individuals.
- Q: How can I check an individual is certified by The Open Group?
- A: You can check the applicable Open Group register of certified individuals. For TOGAF 9 certification this is available at https://togaf9-cert.opengroup.org/certified-individuals  . If you cannot find the individual on the public register, then you should ask them for their Personal Confirmation Code (PCC) which they should share with you, to allow you to check the private register and verify their certification.