The Open Group Open FAIR™ Certification Program is aimed at meeting the needs of risk analysts and organizations employing risk analysts. The program is based upon Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR), an open and independent information risk analysis methodology. FAIR is gaining significant acceptance among large organizations as a leading risk analysis methodology. The Open Group has published two standards based upon FAIR:
- Open Risk Taxonomy Technical Standard (O-RT) . This standard defines a standard taxonomy of terms, definitions, and relationships used in risk analysis.
- Open Risk Analysis Technical Standard (O-RA) . This standard describes process aspects associated with performing effective risk analysis.
These two standards constitute the body of knowledge for The Open Group FAIR Certification Program.
The Open Group has also published additional risk analysis guidance, which may be useful to risk practitioners, and as additional background for those seeking Open FAIR Foundation certification:
This section contains links to the key program documentation, including Datasheets, Policies and Conformance Requirements for each aspect of the certification program.
Program Datasheet and FAQ
The following datasheet and FAQ describe The Open Group FAIR Certification Program:
- The Open Group FAIR Certification Program: Program Summary 
- The Open Group FAIR Certification Program: FAQ 
Certification for Individuals
The documents below describe the Open Group FAIR Certification Program.
- The Open Group Certification for People: Certification Policy for Examination-Based Programs 
- Open FAIR Conformance Requirements 
The examination for the program is the Open FAIR Part 1 Examination , and it is administered through Pearson VUE, Inc., a trusted provider of market-leading test delivery solutions. Exam candidates can start the registration process by visiting Open Group exam portal . Candidates wishing to complete their certification after successfully passing the exam should visit: http://openfair-cert.opengroup.org/ .
Accreditation of FAIR Training Courses
Risk training providers wishing to create and accredit their FAIR-based risk analysis training course are encouraged to do so. Details on how to apply for training course accreditation may be obtained from http://openfair-cert.opengroup.org/ .
Please contact The Open Group FAIR Certification Authority by email .