The Open Group Real-time & Embedded Systems Forum  develops high-assurance architecture models, standrads, validation and certification to assure dependability at multiple levels.
The Open Group Real-time & Embedded Systems Forum brings together core technology suppliers, integrators, and customers to lead the development of architecture methods and models for multiple levels of assurance with sufficient evidence, connecting architecture to engineering to mitigate risk and ensure dependability, secure reliable standards (based on MILS™) that build-in core dependability at the operating system level, and standard APIs that enable middleware and applications to interface with those core components in a way that maintains that same level of dependability and security.
- Work with large customers, suppliers, integrators, and research institutes from around the globe in both the commercial safety-critical markets (medical, SCADA, Smart Grid) and mission-critical government markets (DoD, DHS, NATO) to understand requirements and promote standards based solutions in high assurance.
- Network with a world-class community of experts and peers and grow professionally
- Expand the marketplace for high assurance architects and for product solutions that are based on the architecture methodology, standards and certification programs developed in the forum.
At this conference, attendees will learn about:
- Dependability through Assuredness™, building trustworthiness in mid-to-high assurance solutions, with best practices for developers of COTS components, and systems based on the MILS™ architecture, including platform middleware and applications.
- Dependability Engineering of Open Systems (DEOS) incorporates a new philosophy for assurance which integrates a design for mitigation of failure into system development.
- Assurance based on technical standards and an evaluation and certification scheme that will provide sufficient evidence of conformance, and international mutual recognition.