Leading the development of open standards for highly mobile, directional, high-data-rate, ad hoc, mesh communications networks
DirecNet® is a multi-vendor task force that enables more effective and affordable solutions through a collaborative government-industry environment. Its focus is on the development of an open, non-proprietary communication waveform standard that:
- Ensures high levels of affordability and interoperability
- Encourages technical innovation benefiting overall performance
- Provides feedback to government on technology maturity and technology insertion
- Provides an industry body input to government working groups
- Offers scalability so that work groups can be added to support specific government focus areas
The DirecNet Task Force enables linking of fixed and mobile platforms via self-organizing networks sharing near real time information throughout the Battlespace .