ArchiMate®, an Open Group Standard, is an open and independent modelling language for enterprise architecture that is supported by different tool vendors and consulting firms. ArchiMate provides instruments to enable enterprise architects to describe, analyze and visualize the relationships among business domains in an unambiguous way.
Just as an architectural drawing in classical building architecture describes the various aspects of the construction and use of a building, ArchiMate offers a common language for describing the construction and operation of business processes, organizational structures, information flows, IT systems, and technical infrastructure. This insight helps stakeholders to design, assess, and communicate the consequences of decisions and changes within and between these business domains.
The ArchiMate® 2.1 Specification
The ArchiMate® 2.1 Specification is a maintenance update to ArchiMate 2.0, addressing comments raised since the introduction of ArchiMate 2.0 in 2012. The ArchiMate Specification is based on many years of practical experience of modeling and analysis of Enterprise Architecture (EA) by a world-wide user base. It enables the creation of fully integrated models of the organization’s enterprise architecture, the motivation for it, and the programs, projects and migration paths to implement it.
The detailed changes between version 2.0 and 2.1 are available as Document U132: ArchiMate 2.0 Specification Technical Corrigendum Number 1 
The ArchiMate® modeling language has evolved to be fully aligned with the TOGAF® standard:
- By providing a vendor-independent set of concepts, that helps to create a consistent, integrated model “below the waterline”, which can be depicted in the form of TOGAF views
- The ArchiMate® language enables modeling throughout the TOGAF® Architecture Development Method
- The language structure of the ArchiMate® Core corresponds with the three main architectures as addressed in phases B, C & D in the TOGAF® ADM
- The extensions to the Core closely correspond with the main aspects to be addressed in the Preliminary phase, Phase A and the Central Requirements management repository, as well as Phases E, F, G and H
The Open Group ArchiMate Forum
The Open Group ArchiMate Forum  enables member organizations to contribute to the evolution of ArchiMate.
Joining the ArchiMate Forum enables you to actively support the use, dissemination, and further development of the ArchiMate specification. The ArchiMate Forum is open to all Open Group member organizations that apply enterprise architecture in practice, or support its use and development. More about the ArchiMate Forum. 
- ArchiMate Webinars 
- Download a copy of the ArchiMate 2.1 Specification 
- ArchiMate Publications 
- ArchiMate Certification 
- ArchiMate Standard Courseware V2.1 edition  (training materials for trainers)
- More Information about the ArchiMate modeling language 
The Open Group Forums and Work Groups provide members with a vendor-neutral environment where they collaborate with a world-class network of peers, and have early access to information that enables them to lead the development of standards, certifications and best practices. To represent the interests of your organization in these highly influential Forums and Work Groups, join The Open Group today .