Conference Proceedings can be found here 
Join us at The Open Group Conference Taiwan, where speakers will focus on...
- Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF®
- Business Transformation
- Business Architecture
- Cloud Computing
- Trusted Technology and global supply chain integrity
- IT skills certification
Cloud Roadmap and Strategy
Cloud Computing solutions benefit many enterprises; but the challenge for consumers and providers of Cloud is how to manage growth and build successful transitions where it matters. Worldwide leaders in Cloud Computing will come together in Taipei to explore the factors for architecting and developing Cloud Computing solutions that meet both business and technical objectives. The Cloud track at The Open Group Conference, Taipei is designed to help attendees learn about and manage the critical decisions, capabilities and limitations of the technology.
Cloud Roadmap and Strategy topics include:
- Developing architecture designs that work in Cloud Computing
- Adoption issues and challenges to Cloud Computing, achieving success
- Enterprise Architecture and Cloud Computing reference models - a look at TOGAF® and Cloud Computing
- New business model innovation – how Cloud Computing is changing the game
- New ecosystem approaches to Cloud Computing
- Business metrics for Cloud Computing effectiveness measuring
- SOA and Cloud Computing standards and methodologies.
Best Practices of Enterprise Architecture
Without an appropriate architecture, buildings will either fail to be fit for purpose or be vulnerable to nature. Likewise, without an appropriate Enterprise Architecture, the enterprise will either fail to thrive, or be vulnerable to external threats. The Open Group provides an active environment where attendees may learn about and develop global EA standards that deliver business value, ensuring they and their organizations benefit from the exposure to best practices and trends from around the world.
The Open Group Conference will bring industry leaders together to focus on key challenges:
- Overcoming common pitfalls in the adoption of world-class Enterprise Architecture
- Identifying specific business drivers within industry sectors, and overarching drivers, and their bearings on EA within an organization
- Identifying EA capabilities: Key capabilities and best practices to adopt within an organization to mitigate risk and ensure successful business outcome
- Assessing current maturity of EA
- Determining a roadmap approach for EA
- How the adoption of world-class Enterprise Architecture complements the TOGAF® 9 specification by providing an approach to successfully develop an Enterprise Architecture capability.
World-class Enterprise Architecture is the result of a mature and operational Enterprise Architecture function within an organization that leverages the entire suite of capabilities. It provides a next-generation maturity model and roadmap that allows organizations to plan and monitor their progress on their particular Enterprise Architecture journey. Attendees will discuss how organizations can use a modular, iterative and incremental approach to Enterprise Architecture in order to develop an architectural capability that is otherwise a large and complex undertaking.
Trusted Technology – Global Supply Chain
The Open Group Trusted Technology Forum (OTTF) is leading the development of a global supply chain integrity program and framework in order to provide buyers of IT products with a choice of accredited technology partners and vendors. Come and learn how your organization can benefit from participating in the creation and the adoption of the O-TTPF. The Open Group Trusted Technology Provider Framework (O-TTPF) will identify best practices for secure engineering and supply chain integrity that distinguish trusted technology providers, and foster a secure and sustainable global supply chain.
The OTTF supports the development and utilization of the O-TTPF global framework, the planned O-TTPF accreditation program, procurement strategies, and related activities that:
- Help the technology industry “build with integrity”
- Enable customers to "buy with confidence”
- Support global innovation
- Moderate the unintended consequences of regulation
- Reduce risk and compliance costs
- Protect operational assets.
The OTTF provides a vendor-neutral environment where security, supply chain, and acquisition professionals can lead the development of industry best practices and accreditation programs, utilize The Open Group’s broad reach to build global recognition for them, and network with a world-class community of experts and peers.
SOA: Architecture for Boundaryless Information Flow™
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is an architectural style that supports service-orientation — a way of thinking in terms of services, service-based development and the outcomes of services. The arrival of Cloud Computing is reinforcing the value of SOA, as SOA facilitates the effective use of the Cloud. Speakers at The Open Group Conference, Taipei will discuss SOA standards and attendees will learn how to use TOGAF® for SOA.
Learning opportunities in SOA: Architecture for Boundaryless Information Flow™, include:
- How to use TOGAF for enterprise SOA
- How to use TOGAF for SOA solutions
- How to address stakeholder concerns in SOA
- How to address information architecture for SOA using TOGAF.
The Open Group SOA standards include:
- The Open Group Service Integration Maturity Model (OSIMM)
- Service-Oriented Architecture Ontology
- SOA Governance Framework.
The Open Group SOA Source Book, a collection of source material for use by enterprise architects working with Service-Oriented Architecture, is available through The Open Group Bookstore.